We are looking for an enthusiastic, and results driven individual to assist in leading the bar operation and staff team to provide a top class customer experience at the St James Theatre.
The Bar Supervisor will work alongside venue management in the day-to-day operation of the food & beverage department, focusing on premium service, maximising sales and stock control.
JOB TITLE: Bar Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Assistant Theatre Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Food & Beverage Assistants
HOURS OF WORK: 45 hrs over at least 5 days – Shift work in line with performance schedule
SALARY: £10 per/hr with opportunity for more hours
- To supervise the bar on shift for the majority of performances.
- Motivate the staff team to deliver a premium service that maximises sales and engages with the customer experience.
- Working with theatre management, implement ideas and systems that will maximise sales, minimise stock losses and ensure a high standard of efficient operation and cleanliness.
HYGIENE, SAFETY STANDARDS & MAINTENANCE
- To ensure the cellar/stock rooms are kept tidy at all times, including regular cleaning of the bars, cellars and any appliances.
- To ensure that all related equipment (fridges, ice makers etc.) consumables, glasses, optics etc. are maintained and any deficiencies reported.
- Be responsible for the monitoring of Food & Hygiene regulations, and complete relevant documentation for audit purposes.
- Carrying out daily and weekly stock line checks, along with regular stock takes, ensuring clear audit documentation is gathered and results communicated to the wider management team.
- Promote best practice of stock control amongst the team – ensure procedures such as date rotation, accurate pouring, wastage limitation and stock security are adhered to in order to minimise losses.
- To regularly review and update PAR stocking guidelines for the bars and storage rooms.
- Compiling stock orders in line with PAR levels and in liaison with theatre management.
- To following the cash handling procedures and cash up and declare end of shift takings.
- To promote best practice of cash handling amongst the team, logging any discrepancies and investigating them accordingly.
· Experience working in a bar and customer service role
· Experience with stock control
· Excellent leadership skills
· Willing to work flexible hours, including bank holidays, weekends and late nights
· Personal license
· First Aid at work certificate
· Interest in theatre
To apply, please complete the below application form and send to Christopher Willmott (Assistant Theatre Manager) – email@example.com
Closing date for applicants – 12noon, Thursday 18th August 2016
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th August 2016
JOB TITLE: Commis Chef
SALARY: £7.60 per/hr
As a Commis Chef you will have a minimum of one year’s experience, enthusiasm, the ability and willingness to learn and a genuine passion for cooking with quality fresh foods. You will contribute to the production of the highest possible food quality, consistency in service standards and product delivery with a high degree of customer care and service at all times.
The St James Theatre operates Monday – Saturday and is located not far from Victoria Station.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional service standards.
- Outstanding attention to detail, encouraging a culture of high standards throughout the team.
- Highly organised with the ability to communicate and delegate effectively where appropriate.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Previous experience of working as a Commis Chef in a similar environment.
- High standards of Health & Safety and food hygiene.
To apply, please email your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – Monday 5th September.
We are seeking a motivated and commercially aware individual, with a keen interest in theatre and musicals, to join the newly created ticketing marketing team as Marketing Executive. This is a new role, based at 65 Drury Lane, working alongside the Marketing Manager and Commercial Manager to promote productions and services within Really Useful Theatres Group and St. James Theatre.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 4th September 2016